Prev: Re: this is a first... Next: RE: Ship Bits files for Power Projection

RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:34:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

--- Brian B <greywanderer987@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- David Rodemaker <dar@horusinc.com> wrote:
> > > Southern Florida joined the Carribean in forming a
> > > Conglomerated nation called "Atlantis."
> > > MN, WI, & MI form the "Republic of the Old
> > Northwest,"
> > > most of the plains states are the Native Peoples
> > > Nation.
> >
> > That works well also, though the name doesn't ring
> > true for me.
>
> It's historical for the upper Midwest, though more so
> for MI and OH, but I couldn't think of a better name,
> maybe "Great Lakes Republic"?
>

>From Robert Heinlein's "Friday", how about the "Illinois Imperium" :)
Covers MN, WI, MI, IA, IL, IN, OH, KS, ND, SD, NE

As for "Native Peoples Nation", that would require a major internal
conflict and the "elimination" or "relocation" of a huge number
(millions) of non-indigeneous people.  Be interesting to see how you
PSB it, since all of the people that I know from these areas
(particulary SD, NE and IA) would be happy to see the reservations
"reclaimed" for "useful purposes" (like farming and urban sprawl).
Once the protection of the federal government was removed (by
definition in a balkanization), any conflict would quickly escalate
into mechanized National Guard and Reservist forces on the side of the
states . . .

On a lighter note, see also the HBO telefilm (from the mid 1990's) "The
Second Civil War" (Dennis Leary and Alan Alda)
which includes majority ethnic Chinese Connecticut Nat Guard sent to
Idaho (along with ND, SD, etc.) to help resist the settlement of
"foriegn refugees" by the federal government :)

Prev: Re: this is a first... Next: RE: Ship Bits files for Power Projection