Prev: Re: this is a first... Next: Re: Galactica 2003

Re: [terrain] wire cutter

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:31:42 -0600
Subject: Re: [terrain] wire cutter

> I own and enjoy my Woodland Scenics foam cutter.  It plugs into the
wall
so I
> don't have to worry about batteries.
>
> www.woodlandscenics.com

http://www.woodlandscenics.com/items.htm/ToolsAndAdhesives#st1435
would be the frame you seek; I found drilling down to it painful. Some
people just don't want your money...

> If you have the $$, consider springing for one of the foam factory's
> products.
> They are arguably superior in performance, thought the cost reflects
it.

> http://www.hotwirefoamfactory.com/

My best friend LOVES his, after I had invested in a couple of the far
less
versatile blue-green handled beasties, the name of which illudes me. The
Foam Factory 'starter kit' is US$5 less than the comparable Woodland
Scenics, right?

However, I would really like a 'table' model as I also want to do fairly
large pieces. I think Model Mart has 'em, but REALLY pricey...

Whoops, just found:
http://www.demandproducts.com/multicut.html
Oh, right, like I've got a spare US$900 lying round the homestead.

For DYI, Woodland Scenics has the heavy gauge wire.

Or, follow this person, and NEVER USE NICHROME... *shrug*
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~orman/air/cutter/hotwire.html

Natch, somebody has this and more on some Yahoo group, but I don't go
there
anymore.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: this is a first... Next: Re: Galactica 2003