Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Request for help.... Next: [DS] APSW's

Re: [FT] ESG conversion

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 20:13:06 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] ESG conversion

CST replied to Matt Tope:

> > Here is an idea for the Lyran ESG for Full Thrust, I was wondering
if
> other
> > SFB/FT players out there feel that this is a viable interpretation.

[snip ]

> >The ESGs inflict 1d6 points of damage each on the closest enemy
vessel
> within 3mu. If 2 or >more enemy vessels are within range and equal
> distance the total damage is devided as
> >equally as possible amongst them.

Just checking to see if I got this right: If there are 2 enemy ships at
the
same range (and both are within 3 mu), you roll 2d6 (ie., 1d6 EACH) for
the
total damage and split as evenly as possible between them?

> >If it does, what mass and cost would be recommended?
>
>On a quick calculation, I'd say about 4 Mass and 12 points per ESG,
each
>covers 6 arcs, however, I did not factor in the ESGs ability to hit
ships
>in the aft arc even if the ship has used thrust that turn (which I
assume
>they get). So the mass and cost might need increasing.

I'd start there, but I'd be prepared to reduce it to 3 Mass/9 pts - keep
in
mind that the anti-ship range is a mere 3 mu, so you don't get to use
this
mode all that often! (Most of the times it does shoot at ships it'll
only
hit one enemy ship, too, though that depends on how careful you are with

the "equal distance" bit...) As far as I can see the ESG's main effect
is
roughly that of a multi-shot scattergun.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Request for help.... Next: [DS] APSW's