Prev: Re: [FT] Campaign Poll Next: Re: [FT] Campaign Poll

Re: [FT] Campaign Poll

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:18:00 -0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Campaign Poll

Laserlight wrote:

>For those who play Full Thrust, whether in the GZGverse or any other,
do
>you usually have a battle:
>a. as part of a campaign, or
>b. as a one-off scenarios?
>   (By "campaign" I mean a series of games where the damage inflicted
in
>Game 1 will affect what ships are available (or what condition they're
in)
>for Game 2).

One off games as part of a campaign narrative thread, so a game or
series of
game's may inspire the next, but there is no bookkeeping or anything
like
that. In the past we did do massive campaigns from first space launch to
galactic supremacy, but personal circumstances of all involved make
campaigning in a proper way impossible. Besides we found that a full on
Campaign just turns into Cost Accountancy in Space. We prefer well
scripted,
if logistically unsound, carnage.

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: Re: [FT] Campaign Poll Next: Re: [FT] Campaign Poll