Prev: Re: [SG/DS/FT] Orbital assault Next: Re: [DSII] Armored Cav Question

Re: Headgear

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:43:19 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Re: Headgear

Matt Tope schrieb:
> To be honest the Brits do seem to have taken a lot less
> casualties from guerrila attacks

I guess this depends on how you define 'a lot less' . The Brits have
roughly 1/10th the troops of the US forces in-country (10.000+ vs.
100.000+) . At least from May to October, they also had roughly 1/10th
of the deaths. It's only on November that the US have, in proportion,
suffered more heavily.
(For the statistics, see:
http://lunaville.org/warcasualties/Summary.aspx )
This site tracks incidents in a fairly detailed fashion, but it a
"Forest for the Trees site" i.e.it does not give a good overview
http://dailywarnews.blogspot.com
(just ignore the leftist rhetoric)

Given the heavy filtering / biases / propagandizing in the media by all
sides, I find it very hard to come to a solid picture about how things
are going.

> I don't know how long Malaya took to sort
> out but the Brits were in Burma from 1963 to 67 when the
> Indonesians decided enough was enough and gave up.

I guess you mean in Borneo ?

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [SG/DS/FT] Orbital assault Next: Re: [DSII] Armored Cav Question