Prev: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault was RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons Next: RE: Troop Quality

Re: [SG2] weapons

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:56:40 -0000
Subject: Re: [SG2] weapons

Imre wrote:

>If you look at battles, you are correct.  If you look at wars, you are
>wrong.
>Korea -- high tech force stalemated.
>Vietnam -- high tech force defeated.
>Lebonon -- high tech force defeated.
>Grenada -- high tech force wins.
>Panama -- high tech force wins.
>Afganistan I -- high tech force defeated -- USSR.
>Iraq I -- high tech force wins limited objective.
>Afghanistan II -- yet to be determined.
>Iraq II -- yet to be determined.

Lets add a few British conflicts to the list just to get a slighty wider
perspective on low tech vs high tech,

Malaya -- High tech force wins
Burma -- High tech force wins
Sierra Leone -- High tech force wins

Of course the high tech force (Britain) won in all of these cases by the
high tech in a more precise manner rather than relying on high tech
firepower, and had full political support.

Regards,

Matt Tope

PS: Can Grenada count as a war? I thought in a war both sides had to
shoot.

Prev: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault was RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons Next: RE: Troop Quality