Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: [SG2] weapons

Re: [SG2] weapons

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:04:15 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG2] weapons

Imre Szabo wrote:

>Sea skimmers don't fly nearly as close to the surface as most people
think.

A few meters above the mean surface... the spray behind a low-flying sea

skimmer can be quite impressive.

>Ground skimmers aren't going to fly that close to the ground either.
Why?
>It really stinks when your ground hugging missile plows through a bush
or
>smacks tree branch and goes carening out of control because of it...

We're already building missiles that can handle light brushes with bushs

and branches without getting knocked out of control... in the future
we'll
get better still, as well as improving the missile's ability to *avoid*
smacking into obstacles.

> >>Source: A great old game from Avalon Hill called FirePower...

Um... yeah. Put it like this: while games can get much of their data
reasonably right, I wouldn't rely on them at all when it comes to
evaluating the latest equipment at the time of print (IIRC the M1 was
quite
new when FirePower was published).

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: [SG2] weapons