Prev: Re: Detailing sci-fi vehicle conversions Next: Re: [SG2] weapons

Re: [DS2] 6mm vehicles

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:10:36 +0000
Subject: Re: [DS2] 6mm vehicles

>OK, we'll assume you need piccies of different manufactures together,
as
>most of the ones you mentioned have images on sites, though admittedly
of
>varying usefulness.
>
>However, that now you mention it, what IS the story between Future Wars
and
>Dirtside Miniatures? That's a question directly concerning GZG.
Corollary,
>why so few piccies of the FW figs?
>
>Jon, are you listening?

Yes.  ;-)

Few pics because I haven't found the spare time to go back and take
any new shots of the earlier releases. Most of the new (ie: reissued)
ones now get photographed as they are released.

The old FW range was designed and originally made by CMD (as were the
early FT ships). When Paul Copeland had to give up CMD due to ill
health, we (GZG) bought both the FT and FW ranges outright. As most
of the FW moulds were in pretty poor condition at that point, we have
been gradually remoulding and reissuing them as time allowed ever
since, at the same time re-coding them as DF code items ("D" for
Dirtside, "F" for Future Wars) to integrate them into the Dirtside
product identity (aaahhgg, marketing buzzwords....)  ;-).

All the DSM code items, on the other hand, were sculpted specifically
for GZG from the start - most are 6mm versions of our 25mm resins.

So, in a nutshell, GZG now own and make both the DSM and DF ranges,
and we consider them complementary ranges that can be mixed and
matched as you wish.

Jon (GZG)