Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: [DS2] 6mm vehicles

Re: Detailing sci-fi vehicle conversions

From: "Andreas Udby" <andreas.udby@h...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:07:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Detailing sci-fi vehicle conversions

One other thought, Eli, and something I've had success with, is to pick
up an
old computer from the junk yard or from a business that's upgrading
theirs (some
of them just throw them out whole).  There are loads of good gribblies
on a
motherboard;  I've used them for everything from radar housings to smoke
generators.

Also, I found a quick and easy way to produce your own explosive
reactive armor
for vehicles.  Many craft stores (such as Michaels, in my area) carry
hole
punches in different shapes, including a rectangular shape -- I picked
up one
for $1.99.  I used it to punch a bunch of rectangles out of regular
styrene
sheet, and there you go -- instant ERA.

> > Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:52:34 -0800
> > From: "staremu" <star_emu@hotmail.com>
> > Subject: Detailing sci-fi vehicle conversions
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > As I set out to convert my newly purchased LeClerc and T-80BV models
to =
> > sci-fi super-heavy tanks I am faced with a bit of a block.	What all
=
> > makes good, not-too-obnoxious detail work to make such vehicles look
=
> > more like sci-fi vehicles.	Now the LeClerc is likely going ot end
up a =
> > hovertank, so that's a start ,but I'm thinking detail work here.
> >
> > Any suggestions, thoughts on bits or materials that have worked for
=
> > others.
> >
> > Eli

FREE web-based email for HR
professionals and loads of other helpful
resources too, at http://www.hr.com

Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: [DS2] 6mm vehicles