Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: [SG2] weapons

RE:FT Demo - Advice, Do's, Don'ts?

From: Tim Bancroft <tim@d...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:06:26 -0000
Subject: RE:FT Demo - Advice, Do's, Don'ts?

There's been some great and sound advice (someone mentioned going to
6'*9',
and I'm assuming with 1" = 1 mu, and that looks good), but I'd like to
add
one thing:

__ Check if anyone has played before. __

This can make a huge difference on both your advice or on how you might
split up the players. . .

When I've ever put on a display game I've always had a crew of 3 or more
-
umpire, plus helpers on each side to explain the rules and tactics (plus

one spare to wander off round the show).  Mark's emphasis on _minimum_
explanation at the start is very sound: it keeps interest, you can't
avoid
it all, but giving a quick overview (and I stress overview) and then
explaining each step as he suggests really helps get things going.

As far as 6'*4' goes, assuming 1mu = 1 inch, the 4 ships you mentioned
could give a fun, fast game.

Tim Bancroft

Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: [SG2] weapons