Prev: Re: FT: NAC Lancers Next: Re: FT: NAC Lancers

Re: Question regarding Hungarian history (was Re: FT Lancers)

From: "Robert Eldridge" <bob_eldridge@m...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:01:06 -0500
Subject: Re: Question regarding Hungarian history (was Re: FT Lancers)

The two Hungarian Generals of 1848 who most likely fit the bill are
Jozef
Bem, actually a Pole, who led Honved troops throughout the Revolution,
drove
the Austrians out of Transylvania, defeated the Russians several times,
and
was eventually nominated by Kossuth to be the Commander in Chief of the
Honved, and Artur Gorgei, who defeated the main Austrian army and
relieved
Komorn fortress, and I think was responsible for recapturing Pest in
1849.