Prev: Re: [OT] Spearhead Next: FT Demo - Advice, Do's, Don'ts?

Re: [OT] Spearhead

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:09:50 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Spearhead

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, John Atkinson wrote:

> --- warbeads@juno.com wrote:
> > John, thanks for the comments, it is clarifying my
> > search for rules for
> > armor games between 1918 and 2100 (just around the
>
> I'll post the engineer work estimates when I have some
> more time.
>
> Unsolicited endorsement:  Mein Panzer, Old Dominion
> GamesWorks, www.odgw.com seems to be a pretty good
> system.  I've read the rules and talked to the
> designer at some length yesterday at Fall In.  Looks
> pretty good.	He's only got the WWII module out so
> far, is expecting to start putting modern modules out
> next year.

A friend was on the MeinPanzer Modern playtest list a few years ago, and
we played a bunch of small-medium games. I really liked the system
overall, although DS2 has better Morale/Confidence rules.

Overall detail is a step above DS2, so it goes a bit slower, but even
with
beta playtest rules it was a good system. I've been waiting for MP
MOdern
to be released; guess I'll wait a bit longer!

We even kicked around ideas for "Mein HoverPanzer" SF varients, and that
looked possible.

Brian.

Prev: Re: [OT] Spearhead Next: FT Demo - Advice, Do's, Don'ts?