Prev: Re: I'm back. . . Next: Singapore's Bites of the Week (8 - 14 Nov 2003)

RE: Stars Wars FT SSDs and Ion Cannon (also System Failures)

From: Tim Bancroft <tim@d...>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:05:51 -0000
Subject: RE: Stars Wars FT SSDs and Ion Cannon (also System Failures)

Dean, Brendan: Thanks.

Just to confirm Dean,
(...as I have become confused between the archives and your superb
SSDs).

Ion Cannon should have a maximum of 3 hits from a single salvo - makes
sense (Or is this against a single craft from a single attacker?).
These
hits force a D6 systems failure check against all NON-weapon/bay/hold
systems with 1-n being the failure result, where "n" is the number of
ION
cannon hits actually scored.

As a straight map onto standard FT an Alternative is:  one could roll
sandard failure dice for the CURRENT check  with a DM of the number of
hits
scored: a result of 7+ "number of tracks down" is a failure (exactly as
at
present for non-core systems).	For example, if on the top damage track
and
having 2 ION cannon hits, the result of failure is 5+ (5+2 = 7).  If
reaching hte end of that track, the result would merely be +1, as at
normal
(6+).

BTW Oerjan/Jon, is it worth expressing systems failures in a similar
fashion throughout the next version of FT?  7 required.  D6+"number of
damage tracks" - 1 "IF Core System"

Thanks guys.
Tim Bancroft
PS going to Warfare, Rivermead, Reading tomorrow (Saturday - today for
many, I guess).  Have to leave early due to family visits but do lok out

for the Wargames Journal polo-shirt.

Prev: Re: I'm back. . . Next: Singapore's Bites of the Week (8 - 14 Nov 2003)