Prev: Re: The burgeoning Full Thrust "scene" in Grand Rapids, MI Next: Re: The burgeoning Full Thrust "scene" in Grand Rapids, MI

Re: The burgeoning Full Thrust "scene" in Grand Rapids, MI

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:04:13 -0600
Subject: Re: The burgeoning Full Thrust "scene" in Grand Rapids, MI

Big thanks, Tim!

Did you come up with any ideas or observations in the teaching process?
Obviously, don't snow folks with too many details or add-ons is a given,
and one you perfectly took to heart.

I know that finally demo-ing to my girlfriend while she was a captive
audience in a hospital bed brought a few things to mind. One, diagrams
or
templates as examples of possible moves with various initial speeds and
thrusts might help to visualize what are the possible moves of an
opponent,
and how to plot your own. I think I suggested earlier, when playing
one-on-one with a newbie, that you plot your own move, then let them
measure their own potential moves before making the move, and introduce
written plots as they gain confidence.

Please do add any idea, or shoot mine down if you must, that you can!
;->=

Oh, yeah, Derek and Beth probably have lots of good ideas of 'bringing
along' youngun's.

The_Beast