Prev: Tau drones as grav emitters Next: FT-Cheap minis

Re: (DS2)--low tech forces

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 21:00:11 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: (DS2)--low tech forces

>From what I've been able to determine from DSII (which I really like),
it's very good at being able to do a low tech conflict (eg, WWII or
Moderns, or Korea, or whatever) but it is not very good at mixing eras
very well.  So, while it's not hard to work up WWII rules and vehicles
using DSII, it's VERY hard to do something like WWII Germans vs Modern
NATO forces.  The differences in tech (armor, movement and firepower)
just
cannot easily be handled by 5 classes and a handful of weapon types.

If you do a google search on "WWII" and "DSII" or "Dirtside", you should
find my WWII DSII page and one from one of the authors (sorry, the name
esapes me, my rules are upstairs, and I'm checking email after a week
away
and a 5 hour flight).

Much of where to find info on "low tech forces" depends on what you mean
by "low tech" and what you want to match the against.

John

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University