Prev: Re: Superheavy tank conversions Next: Re: Superheavy tank conversions

Re: Pirate Havens in FT

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:27:20 +0100
Subject: Re: Pirate Havens in FT

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 04:13:21PM -0400, Noam Izenberg wrote:
>If I were a band of Pirates in the Tuffleyverse, where would I spend my

>downtime? Some out of the way planetoid hideout? I Pirate "base" or
>safe haven port that no one messes with even if they kinda know where
>it is? A "mobile base" (stolen ship dock or with welded on engines, or
>converted bulk frieghter/repair facility)?

I'd go for planetoid or artificial substitute, with generous liberty
parties (to places that don't mind "freelance merchants" - after all,
you have to sell the loot somewhere, so their existence is something of
a prerequisite for piracy). Keep the ships out of sight...

>Does anyone know why  Spain never took out Port Royal, or other such
>buccaneer centers?

You can mount a lot more guns and armour on something that doesn't have
to float.

Prev: Re: Superheavy tank conversions Next: Re: Superheavy tank conversions