Prev: Re: Superheavy tank conversions Next: Re: Pirate Havens in FT

Re: Superheavy tank conversions

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:23:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Superheavy tank conversions

On 24 Oct 2003 at 13:17, Brian B wrote:

> Anyway, back to the issue at hand.  I checked the
> hobby store.	They had a bunch of Roco, as well as
> some HO stuff similar to Roco by companies called
> Premo (Not made by them, imported from eastern
> Europe),

That's right, Premo is made in Russia. However it is distributed by
Roco and it is the same scale as Roco. They are really good quality
vehicles. It just so happens that I have 5 T34/76s, 3 T34/85s and 1
SU100 on auction on eBay right now (I've decided not to go into 15mm
Eastern Front; I'm keeping my Roco American and German stuff for
Italian campaign action).

> So anyway, I asked to see their catalog, and it turns
> out Roco does NOT make modern Soviet/former Soviet
> (apparently the gulags and collectives don't make for
> popular model railroading scenery....).

That's right, they don't. I have an older catalogue around here
_somewhere_. Their modern German and U.S. stuff is good for
modification, though.

--

Allan Goodall		     agoodall@hyperbear.com
http://www.hyperbear.com

Unbutton your clothes, undress your soul,
Show them your vigor
Are these inhibitions easier to fear?
   - Raine Maida, of Our Lady Peace

Prev: Re: Superheavy tank conversions Next: Re: Pirate Havens in FT