Prev: Re: Superheavy tank conversions Next: [eBay] SG2 NSL Jager Platoon, Dan Dare's Spaceship, and others

Re: Full Metal Asgard

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:34:51 +0100
Subject: Re: Full Metal Asgard

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 11:07:20PM -0700, Don M wrote:
>One thing of note, the bullets that the SG troopers use are "special
loads".
>As I recall the first few episodes there was an armor penetration
problem.
>This would make the jaffa's armor at least as effective as current
ballistic
>armor. More bullet resistant than proof, but Teflon loads from a SAW or
>P90....Ouch

Yup. In the early days the armour is effectively "bulletproof", but once
they switch to AP it's another matter.

Minor point of interest: the teflon-coating of an AP bullet actually has
nothing to do with its AP effectiveness. This got started when a company
made a bullet from solid brass to improve its penetration, and put on a
teflon coating in order to protect the rifling (rather than the usual
metal jacket). The media jumped on "teflon coating", and that
misapprehension has been with us ever since...

More information at http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvcopk.html .

Roger

Prev: Re: Superheavy tank conversions Next: [eBay] SG2 NSL Jager Platoon, Dan Dare's Spaceship, and others