Prev: Re: FT without breaking a tiny piggy bank... Next: Re: FT without breaking a tiny piggy bank...

Re: FT without breaking a tiny piggy bank...

From: Ray Forsythe <erf2@w...>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:08:56 -0400
Subject: Re: FT without breaking a tiny piggy bank...

Flak Magnet wrote:

> I'm aiming to start a FT campaign in Grand Rapids, MI (USA) after
January.
> Right now I'm recruiting players and running demos at the local game
store in
> order to generate interest.  Right now I have 5 players committed and
> enthusiastic about running games.  '
>
> That's the background, now my point:
> One of my players is broke, or very nearly so.  So what is the most
economical
> way for him to obtain his own fleet?
>
> He's considering buying modeling tools to scratch-build his own, and
he
> probably has enough time  Yet should his efforts not pan out in time
for the
> campaign, I'd like to ask the group it's input on a quick and
cheap-to-buy
> fleet to use as a stop-gap for the game.
>
> He'll be welcome to use my models as I'll be running the campaign and
as an
> absolute last resort we'll print out cardstock counters he can place
on the
> table.  Of course, miniatures are preferred.

Legos?

http://www.sproat.us/jeremy/lego/nanofig/
http://www.sproat.net/jeremy/lego/ntv4/

I've heard of someone who uses golf tees for ships, which do sort of
have
an Orion drive look to them.

The Noble Armada plastic minis set could probably supply all of the
escorts
you could ever need:

http://www.holistic-design.com/Minis/Armada/ShipOfLine/ShipsOfLine.htm

He might also want to check the local hobby shop for underwing armament
packs for model planes.  I've found that several of these can make
passable
ships with little or no modification.

--
Ray Forsythe - erf2@wombatzone.com - www.wombatzone.com

Prev: Re: FT without breaking a tiny piggy bank... Next: Re: FT without breaking a tiny piggy bank...