Prev: RE: [FT] Weapons Next: Re: X-Prize

Re: Idle Langston thoughts (was RE: Idle Full Trek thoughts)

From: ShldWulf@a...
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 01:08:58 EDT
Subject: Re: Idle Langston thoughts (was RE: Idle Full Trek thoughts)

Beth:
>While on the topic of idle thoughts has anyone ever done up Langston
field
rules for
>FT*, ok the Motie books don't detail too many spectacular space battles
but
I can
>always play what if ;)

I've always been 'enamoured' with the idea of using some modification of
the
old BattleTech heat chart to do a Langston field. Threshold points on
the
chart would result in internal damage, localized burn throughs,
hot-spots, and
(finally) make the roll of have the field collapse and your ship take
all the
remaining damage.

Never got around to figureing a good way to play the 'energy bleed'
(heat-sinks) but I still love the idea :o)

Randy

Prev: RE: [FT] Weapons Next: Re: X-Prize