Prev: RE: [FT] Islamic Fed Names Next: Re: Idle Langston thoughts (was RE: Idle Full Trek thoughts)

RE: [FT] Weapons

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 11:01:03 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] Weapons

On Wednesday, October 08, 2003 7:37 PM, david smith
[SMTP:bifsmith207@hotmail.com] wrote:
> K-Guns.
>
> In a setting using just vector movement, no sheilds, no thruster
pushes (a

> la exodus), are K-Guns over or under priced/massed? (thinking of
allowing
> K-Guns as spinal mount weapons, with 1 mass giving 10 rounds).

If you want ammo; probably give them 3 rounds base per gun with extra
ammo
costing (class) mass per 10 rounds.  ie: K-1 costs 1 mass per 10 extra;
K-5
costs 5 mass per 10 extra rounds.  I would abstract out the magazines so
they're not affected by threshold checks; that avoids overkill.

> Pulsar derivative
>
> A pulsar has 1D6 at long range, 3D6 at medium, and 6D6 at close range.
My
> idea was for a gattaling gun/mass driver/mini missile launcher that
has
the
> same dammage effect as a pulsar, but comes with ammo (at a rate of 10
rounds
> per mass).

Simplicity is probably better; each setting uses the same amount of
ammo,
but the damage degrades with the range (you need to "shotgun" more
rounds to
generate hits).  If you want ammo use similar to the above; 3 rounds
base +
3 rounds per mass.  PDS mode costs 0 rounds for pulsars.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies

IMPORTANT: Notice to be read with this E-mail
1. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.  2. This e-mail (including any
attachments) may contain confidential information for the
use of the intended recipient.	3. If you are not the
intended recipient, please: contact the sender by return
e-mail, to notify the misdirection; do not copy, print,
re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail; and
delete and destroy all copies of this e-mail.  4. Any views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are not
a statement of Commonwealth policy unless otherwise stated.
5. Finally, please do not remove this notice, so that any
other readers are aware of these restrictions.

Prev: RE: [FT] Islamic Fed Names Next: Re: Idle Langston thoughts (was RE: Idle Full Trek thoughts)