Prev: Re: [GZG-OLC] October Specials Next: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names

Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 22:46:22 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names

> So explain to me why Damascus is a "city" and Medina is a "...major
> city..."?
>
> Are you thinking major (as in Holy) in meaning?

Pretty much.  Madinah, Mekkah, Yerushalayim, maybe Riyadh, and I run
out at about that point.  One reason to give that class of names to
CVA's, since there won't be many of them.

> You could use names of 'historic personages' for some ship classes.
The
> Saddam [involuntary colonist carrier] for example...

I thought about using the names of the Caliphs, and I could just make
up some names as "the Heroes of the Revolution" but I'm not happy with
that.  I also thought about angels--Jibrail, Mikail, and so forth--but
I don't know how well that would go over with a Muslim.

Prev: Re: [GZG-OLC] October Specials Next: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names