Prev: Diving up North America ; was Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making, Next: Re: Ship Designs - Sure now that I want to look at it, I can't find it.

Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:44:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

--- Jim Morrison <Ajax.Dive@btinternet.com> wrote:

> If you're going to use the english/british royalist
> aggresion into europe
> idea, is it possible that the same might happen over
> the other side of the
> atlantic, an ill fated attempt to regain the 13
> colonies?.

Nah, the idea is to have a history in which there's a
specific period of time wherein the former
powers/superpowers are so involved with their own
internal issues that they have little time to
interfere with the emerging world, let alone meddle in
one another's affairs.	Besides, I'm imagining a
re-invigorated English Crown that is aggressive, but
not stupid.  With competition in the isles and a
conflict on the mainland, It'll be disinclined to get
itself bogged down in another costly conflict in the
New World.  Maybe later on they'lll start looking that way.....

=====
"Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."   -- John A.
Hrastar

http://shopping.yahoo.com