Prev: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making, Next: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

Diving up North America ; was Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:28:58 -0500
Subject: Diving up North America ; was Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:11:58 -0700 (PDT) Brian B
<greywanderer987@yahoo.com> writes:

>--- Jim Morrison <Ajax.Dive@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> Just out of curiosity, how have you reorganised
>> North America? I can think
>> of a few ways to do it but want to know how you've
>> gone for it.
>
>Some of these countries wouldn't survive if it weren't
>for a common defense pact that lasted the first 10
>years after the US and Canada disintegrated.  If any
>of our Canadian listmembers have suggestions for ways
>to modify the Canadian content below, please feel
>free.	From West to East:
>1. Kingdom of Hawaii -- Hawaii, Midway

Okay, their Navy, and Air Force units would be key to their survival
plus
a lot of diplomacy.  And something to trade...	Pineapples?  LOL!

>2. Bear Flag Republic -- Most of California, Nevada,
>part of Arizona

Hmm, where is the divide in California?

>3. Cascadia -- Part of California, All of Oregon,
>Washington, Alberta, Most of BC, parts of Idaho,
>Alaska, Yukon, NW Territories

Okay.

>4. Northern First People's Federation - Most of
>Alaska, Yukon, NW Territories, Parts of BC, all of
>Nunavut.

All right.

>5. Deseret (Mormon theocracy) -- All of Utah, parts of
>Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho

A natural.

>6. Central First People's Federation - Most of Idaho,
>Wyoming, all of Montana, N & S Dakota, Nebraska, parts
>of Saskatchewan, Manitoba, & Minnesota

Could be.

>7. Southern First People's Federation -- Most of
>Arizona, Oklahoma, New Mexico, & Arkansas

Maybe.

>8. Lone Star Republic - All of Texas, parts of
>Oklahoma & Arkansas

I'll accept that.

>9.  Republic of Upper Canada -- Most of Saskatchewan &
>Manitoba, all of Ontario, PEI, & New Brunswick

Got me, so okay.

>10. Quebec

The Albania of North America... even if my wife is a Quebec City girl by
birth.

>11.  United States of America -- Most of Minnesota,all
>of Wisconsin, Colorado, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois,
>Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia,
>New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Rhode Island,
>Connecticut, Maine, Massachussetts, Vermont, New
>Hampshire, parts of Missouri, Kentucky, Maryland

Okay, this needs some dividing up in my mind.  Too diverse and too many
states with large populations/industry IMO.

>12. Disputed (meaning I'm leary of going the whole
>Confederacy reborn route given the change in political
>demographics, and have no idea what to do with these
>states) -- parts of Missouri, Kentucky, Maryland,
>Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Virginia,
>Georgia, North & South Carolina & Tennessee

Put Kentucky and Tennessee together with say West Virginia.

Have to give this some more thought...

Good point.

>13.  Atlantic Republic - Florida Panhandle, Puerto
>Rico, Cuba, Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Atlantis
>(Seafloor colony)

Panhandle thing corrected already.  Other wise okay.

>14. Celtic Confederation North American holdings -
>Nova Scotia, Labrador, Newfoundland

Okay, that was something I had not considered.

Dern good start.

How about Mexico and Central America?  They are on the continent (said
the ex-Cartographer...)

Hx, SF, and Fx: 6 mm figures, Starships and 1:6K "Wet Navy" warships
are my main interest.

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!