Prev: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making, Next: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:08:01 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

On 1 Oct 2003 at 12:11, Brian B wrote:

> 12. Disputed (meaning I'm leary of going the whole
> Confederacy reborn route given the change in political
> demographics, and have no idea what to do with these
> states) -- parts of Missouri, Kentucky, Maryland,
> Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Virginia,
> Georgia, North & South Carolina & Tennessee

I can tell you that Louisiana has as much in common with Arkansas and
Texas as it does with Mississippi and Alabama. I find it hard to
believe that northern Louisiana wouldn't go along with Arkansas and
Texas if they were together as an independent nation. Louisiana would
prefer to tag along with Texas than with Mississippi, and even in
this day and age, the Mississippi River would be a strong incentive
for Texas to bring Louisiana into the fold.

--

Allan Goodall		     agoodall@hyperbear.com
http://www.hyperbear.com

Keeping an open mind is a virtue -- but not so open that your
brains fall out. - James Oberg