Prev: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making, Next: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:01:54 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

On 1 Oct 2003 at 16:48, Roger Burton West wrote:

> Uh-oh. Mr Tope, meet Mr Barclay. I'll just stand over here behind this
> nice claymore-proof shield.

Tom, nothing, _I_ was actually born in Glasgow! They may have beat us
pretty much "any time" they wanted, but they didn't in 1314.
Scotland's problem has always been Scotland, not England (and the
English were only really a threat to Scotland after they had
interbred with the Normans... *duck*).

> Slightly more seriously... the current government is already giving a
> lot away to the Scots and Welsh (where more people tend to vote for
> that party anyway) at the expense of the English.

Some would say they weren't getting any more than the deserved. My
family is still rather peeved about the Clearances...

--

Allan Goodall		     agoodall@hyperbear.com
http://www.hyperbear.com

We come into the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That's the way that Lady Luck dances
Roll the bones. - N. Peart