Prev: Re: [OT] USA in China (was, RE:Free CalTex...) Next: Re: [OT] Territorial Army

Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:13:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

--- Jim Morrison <Ajax.Dive@btinternet.com> wrote:

> > Ooh, that would fit nicely into MY non-canon
> universe,
> > mind if I borrow the concept, if not the details?
>
> Go for it, where would we be if we couldn't borrow
> each others ideas.

Thanks very much.

> > Whilst your pressing ther French couldn't we make
> > some...errrrm...legitimate...claims to Hannover
> and Holland?
>
> There's also the fact Eire could do the same over
> Northen Ireland.

That actually fits nicely into my background material,
which is sort of an un-tuffleyverse -- a much more
balkanized earth, including a reorganized North
America, as well as a Britain where Scotland and Wales
have seceded (which may account for the  new English
Civil War, loss of confidence in the government
finally boils over when parliament bumbles and loses
the Scots and Welsh, as well as huge chunks of the
North Sea fields to Scotland), and where Gaelic
nationalism has sprouted into rebellion in Brittany,
compounding France's headache at having to fight off
the Crown.

> It was more a mechanism to distract the us from
> intefering from all the
> shinninagans in europe

My Balkanized North America make American intervention
far less significant, if not unlikely.

> > >I've also got to work out how the USA could go
> > >from conflict with north korea to colonial power
> in china.
> >
> > Here is one possible scenario (possible as in
> highly implausibe),
> > (snip)
>
> somewhat similar to how I'd thought of doing it, I'd
> origionally thought of
> using taiwan but thought conflict with North korea
> was more likely, which
> would end up sucking in china and japan aswell.

I liked it as well, and may use it in some form, even
if not to include the US in the brouhaha....

=====
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

--Bertrand Russell

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [OT] USA in China (was, RE:Free CalTex...) Next: Re: [OT] Territorial Army