Prev: RE: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making Next: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making

Re: [OT] Territorial Army

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:23:11 +1000
Subject: Re: [OT] Territorial Army

From: "Michael Brown" <mwbrown@sonic.net>

> The Guard is the State Militia, subject to call up by the Governor.
The
> Reserve is a Federal force, subject to the President (though in some
branches
> the distinction is blurred).

As for the TA... see http://www.ta.mod.uk/

"The Territorial Army is an essential part of the British Army,
representing a quarter of its personnel. It provides everyday people
with the chance to something different with their lives - an opportunity
to face new challenges, develop new skills, meet new
people, have lots of fun and, to top it all off, earn some extra money."

So basically the same as the Australian Army Reserves, and quite
different from the US reserves, more like a permanently Federalised
National Guard. Hence my previous comments.