Prev: Sculpting, was Re: New KV Next: Re: Sculpting, was Re: New KV

Re: New KV

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:40:50 +0100
Subject: Re: New KV

>Steen wrote:
>
>>I already bought the FT425 and find it wery interesting, and learn now
that
>>there are more new KV ships. What kind of ships are FT423 and FT431.
>
>Probably easiest if you wait for pictures and stats to be posted,
either
>here or in the on-line catalogue... they're more "conventional"
>hull-spar-and-wing-guns than the To'Ki, but that doesn't say very much.

Just to help until I get some photos done, the 431 is a "heavy
battleship"
(or Light battledreadnought if you prefer - it kind of falls between the
410 and 411). It is a 410 "main hull" and side guns, with a completely
new
(and enlarged) "bridge" section carrying additional side weapon mounts.
There will soon be a "431A" version as well, with different weapon
systems
on the bridge mounts.

The 423 is a heavy corvette (Striker in K'V terms) or light frigate -
between the 403 and 404 in size, usual K'V configuration but with six
short
"gun" barrels on the side pods - I thinlk Oerjan is classing these as
MKPs....

>>And - byr the way - are there any more ned KV designs on the way.

There will be a new "heavy cruiser/battlecruiser" using the 408 hull
with
the new bridge and weapons that we used on the 431, and maybe a couple
of
new variants of the 423 size ships.
There is also a new light/escort cruiser type (between 406 and 407)
wirth a
central main gun like the 407A. These should all be out in the next
couple
of weeks at the most.

>More KV ships have been sculpted, but I have no idea when Jon will have
>time to make production moulds for them. (Of course, if something goes
>badly wrong with the mould-making they might not appear at all).

Don't worry, they'll all come out - all the parts are master-moulded, we
just need to put them into production moulds before we can start to sell
them. We'll announce them through the usual channels as soon as they are
ready!

Jon (GZG)