Prev: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary federation in the making? Next: Re: [OT] Being grateful with a few friends Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary federation in the making?

Re: [OT] Got the Job

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:31:48 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Got the Job

On 26 Sep 2003 at 18:45, Germy wrote:

> It's remarkable to think that an Historical wargamer employed a
> sci-fi/fantasy one!
> Could this mean the other cold war is truely over :)

There really wasn't much of a cold war. There are some historical
gamers who are rabidly anti-scifi or anti-fantasy (more with the
latter, actually; I've met a few online who are very religious and
fantasy has "magic" which they consider "anti-Christian).

However, a recent set of posts on rec.games.miniatures.historical
showed that a good deal of historical players play sci-fi as well.
Many also play fantasy.

I think you'd probably find, particularly in the Warhammer crowd,
that there are more fantasy/sci-fi players who refuse to play another
game system -- let alone anything historical -- than the other way
around.

--

Allan Goodall		     agoodall@hyperbear.com
http://www.hyperbear.com

The only normal people are the ones you don't know well!
   - Joe Ancis