Prev: Re: [FT] Starfield maps... Next: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview

Re: [OT] Gaming perquisites Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:57:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Gaming perquisites Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview

--- Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:

> That and further back. I think Alan Varney did a
> defense of RPG'ing closer
> to twenty years ago that included the positive
> socializing effects,
> including his use with church groups.

How interesting.  My first positive exposure to RPG's
was hanging out with a bunch of guys from my church,
They and their wives were all involved in the
Children's Ministry.  We'd meet every Tuesday, talk
about how life was going for everyone, pray for each
other, and then start bashing badguys' heads.  We
played Star Wars D6 and Champions (If you want an RPG
that will REALLY hone your math skills, I highly
recommend that one!).  That was back in San Diego, and
I've yet to find another gaming experience quite as rewarding.

=====
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

--Bertrand Russell

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Starfield maps... Next: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview