Prev: Re: RE (OT) Strange Job Interview Next: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview

Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview

From: "Germy" <germ@g...>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:10:30 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview

> >> the female library manager (probably in her mid forties)
> >You better hope she doesn't read this mailing list, or you're sunk!
> Unless she's really in her sixties. :-)

Which is why I only shared this with this list and not the Miniatures
page
messageboards ;)

> >>"we've seen your website"
> >When I was hiring, I made it a habit to do a quick google search on
the
> >major candidates. It's surprising what you can find on the
internet...

I'll have to watch this in the future, I had never thought of the
possibility of someone
looking at my website to check me out before an interview.

Actually during the interview one of the other panel commented that all
they
could offer was
water for a refreshment and not Chimay. Chimay being a one of my
favourite
beers which means
they also looked at my beer review web page!

So not sure on the job now. As a friend pointed out to me
"before you even walked into the room they knew you were an alcoholic
nerd"

Nicely put I thought ;)

Jeremey
www.germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: RE (OT) Strange Job Interview Next: Re: [OT] Strange Job Interview