Prev: Re: FT: Vortex gravity gradient question Next: activity was. Classed Weapons

Re: FT: Battles of the 20th C and why there is one thing that has not been considered.

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 20:00:24 +0100
Subject: Re: FT: Battles of the 20th C and why there is one thing that has not been considered.

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 10:54:30AM +0100, Bryan Ash wrote:

>How could the U-boat or similar design be incorporated into the FT
universe.
>Would the U-boat be a ship that tends to reside in the appeture of FTL
space before arriving, shooting, then FTL?

Been watching certain anime shows, have we? :-)

>Or is it a suggestion that advanced cloaking rules would apply?

I think that would be the way to do it. I'm not a fan of the MT cloak -
effectively you have to write all the orders for the cloaked ship at the
point it vanishes. I'd like to see some sort of cloak system as part of
a larger sensor/stealth rule package, but probably not as a "bolt-on".

Roger

Prev: Re: FT: Vortex gravity gradient question Next: activity was. Classed Weapons