Prev: Re: Classed Weapons Next: Re: ft-Raiders

Re: T8 B5 BC was Re: Classed Weapons

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 16:34:30 -0500
Subject: Re: T8 B5 BC was Re: Classed Weapons

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Jared Hilal wrote:
>
>> However, in vector: 4x6 or 5x8 table, KV enters table from short
>> table end at high speed (30+).  If the T8B5 is on table, or enters
>> perpendicular,
>
> Then the game set-up pretty explicitly says that the T8B5 has screwed
> up its pre-battle manoeuvres.
>
> If the universe is bigger than the gaming table (and fact that the
> table scrolls implies that it is), why would the T8B5 captain -
> assuming that he has any brains at all - approach the incoming KV ship

> perpendicularly (which is almost guaranteed to lose him the battle),
> when matching course and speed just outside the KV ship's weapon range

> is guaranteed to *win* him the battle? He has the engine power to do
it.

Yeah, I figured that out when you, in a previous post, in passing,
mentioned setting up in opposite corners of the * long * table edge.

However, if you thought this was an issue, you could have mentioned it
when I * explicitly listed * the set-ups that my group uses.  That would

have been both more helpful to me and more productive for everyone than
us going around in circles and off on tangents.

Prev: Re: Classed Weapons Next: Re: ft-Raiders