Prev: Re: [Power Projection] Website Update 4 September 2003 Next: Re: B5-3 Aft

ft-Raiders

From: "david smith" <bifsmith207@h...>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 13:30:02 +0000
Subject: ft-Raiders

I find the idea of raiders in campains very useful, just from the amount
of
resources that have to be diverted to defend against them, because if
you
don`t, the lost of your resources can be devistating. In a simple
senario, a
raider is either picking on something it outclasses, or is being hunted
by
something that outclasses it totally. The only real life example of a
faily
even raider Vs hunter battle that comes to mind is the WW2 graf
spey(cant
spell) being hunted by the RN cruisers.

As to JHs comments about dreadnought BB`s, I have actually designed and
played with all big gun ships, and my fave was using turreted K guns and

multi layered PH armour, to get the WW1 feel. As for the other comment
about
modern navy ships Vs WW2 ships, you don`t even have to go to that
extreem
for a example. Just look at the end of WW2, with the carriers
outclassing
BBs (thinking of a specific engaugement when the japs decoyed away the
big
carrriers, and the BBs managed to get close in restrictive waters in a
island chain, name escapes me at the moment).

BIF

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Prev: Re: [Power Projection] Website Update 4 September 2003 Next: Re: B5-3 Aft