Prev: Re: Classed Weapons Next: Re: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels

Re: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 21:55:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels

Laserlight wrote:

>>>I was thinking of MD 8A (so you can make a 6-point turn and roll)
>>>and a couple of port-broadside mounted weapons, but yeah, this looks
good
>>>too.
>>>
>>A) You said T8, not T8A, in your original post.
>>B) AGD not allowed to human ships in FB or GZG-verse, just in your
>>custom background.
>>
>I could do it with a T8 or a T8A.  My copy of FB2 seems to be AWOL,
>would you mind quoting the passage that says that human ships are
>never going to be allowed Advanced Drives?

FB2, pg. 3, left column, "Combining Different Alien Technologies"
section:

"As soon as some players get their grubby little mitts on this book,
they will start wanting to design ships based on a mixture of some or
all the different races' weapons and systems."

[ Mr. Tuffley knows you personally, does he? : ) ]

"Now, there is nothing inherently wrong in this, but please be aware
that we have gone to great lengths to try and ensure that all the alien
races presented here have a different feel from each other in game terms

- they are not just 'rubber suit aliens', with the same ships and same
weapons using different names. ..."

"The simplest way round this is to just say 'sorry, you can't do it' and

back it up with some PSB . . .	Rather than do this, however, we accept
that it'll happen and thus need to lay down a few guidelines for those
people who just can't resist."

[Yep, he must. : ) ]
. . .

"We would also suggest that mixed-tech designs not be used when playing
with people . . . who are not part of your regular gaming group."

. . .

[printed in italics]  "(As far as our published 'canon' universe
background is concerned, mixed tech ships do not appear in any forces
within the time period of the First Xeno War; . . ."

No, not "Never" (everybody chorus!)
Never say never (I couldn't help that)
but not within the time of XW1 and not for a challenge / examination of
differences like this one.

Prev: Re: Classed Weapons Next: Re: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels