Prev: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels Next: Re: Re: [FT] Flying wing

RE: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 10:41:23 +1000
Subject: RE: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels

On Thursday, September 04, 2003 10:26 AM, Jared Hilal
[SMTP:jlhilal@yahoo.com] wrote:
> So you are saying that on a larger (5x8, 6x10 ? ) table that:
> 1x 3-arc B4  =   2x 3-arc B3	=     6x 3-arc B2?
>
> I do believe that B1s and B2s are balanced vis-a-vis each other, it is
the
larger ones that I am not sure about.

The bigger the table and the higher the speeds, the more play balanced
the
B3-B4+ become.

I play games on 60x60 tables at speed 12-24 games.  This biases the
usefulness of systems down to the B2/B3/Pulsetorp systems.

Some players (hi, Oerjan!) play with floating tables at speed 50-60.
This
makes B1-B2 almost useless as offensive weapons, and can generate more
long
range sniping.

The only game I've ever had reach speed 50+ was myself as Kra'vak vs
Phalons
on a 6' table in cm scale.  And how I wished I had class-4 or class-5
beams
instead of K-guns in that game!  B2s would have been wasted systems.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies

IMPORTANT: Notice to be read with this E-mail
1. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.  2. This e-mail (including any
attachments) may contain confidential information for the
use of the intended recipient.	3. If you are not the
intended recipient, please: contact the sender by return
e-mail, to notify the misdirection; do not copy, print,
re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail; and
delete and destroy all copies of this e-mail.  4. Any views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are not
a statement of Commonwealth policy unless otherwise stated.
5. Finally, please do not remove this notice, so that any
other readers are aware of these restrictions.

Prev: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels Next: Re: Re: [FT] Flying wing