Prev: FT Fighters was Re: FT Newtonian Acceleration Next: RE: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels

Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 19:25:52 -0500
Subject: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Ever tried playing on large tables, where the B4 is able to pick those

> B2-armed ships apart from outside their range? If you did, you might
> revise your opinion about the relative value of B2s and B4s :-/

4' x 6' scrolling with cinematic movement and 1 MU = 1".

For ST:TOS and ST:movies based games, we routinely use class 4-6
phasers/disruptors & class 8-12 phaser cannon (on the Reliant / Knox)
with 1 MU = 1/2" and 6" (12MU) range bands for both beams and P-torps.
 But these ships are not built with the FB system, rather converted from

semi-official and fan-based publications.

One thing though, most of our setup falls into one of three general
categories:
Side A in center of table, Side B starts from narrow table edge at med
(10-30) or high (30+) speed
Side A and Side B start on adjacent table edges at right angles to each
other (+/- 30 degrees)
Side A and Side B start in adjacent corners with parallel courses (+/-
30 degrees)

Usually one side has a mission e.g.:
exit opposite table edge to bombard planet or escape system
ambush and destroy enemy fleet
destroy enemy flagship/carrier/convoy
By "exit" I mean "a full table-length from nearest pursuing enemy" with
a scrolling table.

We specifically do not set up "line up at opposite table edges and
joust"-type games.

So you are saying that on a larger (5x8, 6x10 ? ) table that:
1x 3-arc B4  =	2x 3-arc B3  =	 6x 3-arc B2?

I do believe that B1s and B2s are balanced vis-a-vis each other, it is
the larger ones that I am not sure about.