Prev: RE: FT Newtonian Acceleration was Re: B5 Ship Combat Next: Re: FT Newtonian Acceleration was Re: B5 Ship Combat

[FT] Youngsters RE: FT Newtonian Acceleration was Re: B5 Ship Combat

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 09:34:28 -0500
Subject: [FT] Youngsters RE: FT Newtonian Acceleration was Re: B5 Ship Combat

***
Don't worry mate, we're thoroughly corrupt already...

Regards,

Matt (a not so young youngster...gulp...closer to 30 than 25...scarry)
Tope
***

Not to sweat, you still qualify as a young p**p to me. ;->=

However, I was thinking of a missed opportunity the other day, when a
fellow of seven or eight, sitting at my friends game shop, blurted out
he
'didn't have anything to play'. If only I hadn't been stepping out the
door
at that time.

One thing I've been thinking is that, in a one-on-one demo game, only
the
demonstrator needs to pre-plot, then take as long as the learning player
likes to make his moves, ask questions, etc. I was even thinking of
markers
showing the movement envelope of your own ships to give the new person a
chance to visualize options.

Wish I'd have thought this long ago. With a simple, highly playable
system
like cinematic, I can get the basic system explained before a fellow had
chance to be bored, and the above allows interaction all the way
through.

Fortunately, my own plotting is never inspired enough to take much time.
;->=

The_Beast

Prev: RE: FT Newtonian Acceleration was Re: B5 Ship Combat Next: Re: FT Newtonian Acceleration was Re: B5 Ship Combat