Prev: Re: FT Newtonian Acceleration was Re: B5 Ship Combat Next: Re: FT Newtonian Acceleration was Re: B5 Ship Combat

RE: FT-B5 ships

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 11:54:04 +0100
Subject: RE: FT-B5 ships

David Smith wrote:
> with interceptors as only PDS
>(requiring the ships to be a little tougher due to the lack of
intercept of
>incoming fire).

In past B5 games that I've been invlolved in we have simulated
interceptors
by combining screens with PDS.

Each interceptor system is 5% of vessel mass. Each interceptor system
covers
a 180 degree arc, vessels can have a maximum of 2 interceptor systems
(covering fore and aft 180 degree arcs, or port and starboard 180 degree
arcs).

Interceptors may operate in only one of two roles each turn (to be
selected
in the orders phase). Different interceptor systems on the same vessel
can
be set to different modes if desired.

Interceptor modes:

1) Standard. Provides level 1 screen defence and a number of PDS shots,
1
per 3 mass of system.
2) Buttoned up. Provides level 2 screen defence but no PDS fire
equivilent.

There is no cost as such for this system as our B5 games are scenario
not
points based. We also use Beams rather than k-guns for the primary
weapons.

Regards,

Matt Tope.

Prev: Re: FT Newtonian Acceleration was Re: B5 Ship Combat Next: Re: FT Newtonian Acceleration was Re: B5 Ship Combat