Prev: RE: Cinematic vs. Vector movement Next: Re: Yep, broke it. :)

RE: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:31:21 +1000
Subject: RE: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

G'day,

Jared suggested:
> If so, I offer an alternative suggestion:
> Instead of increasing the cost of the rotate maneuver, limit
> each ship to one (1) Rotate per game turn.
> This would (I think) have the following effects:

and Brendan pointed out:
>The EFSB variant uses 1 thrust per facing change;
> which has the same effect.

Both sound suggestions, unfortunately the biggest problem to wrestle
with is how to do it without making the FB ships look like they were
designed by complete dummies (the NSL in particular). Fine line to tread
unfortunately. It may seem justified to say that vector is optional in
the first place so if changing it seems to wreck some designs well
that's the price you pay for playing the optional rule, but when over a
3rd of FT players say they only play vector (based on the many polls on
the topic) it gets harder to keep that line of argument up ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: Cinematic vs. Vector movement Next: Re: Yep, broke it. :)