Prev: Re: UNSC Next: Re: OT Chupacabra!

Re: UNSC

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:58:44 +0100
Subject: Re: UNSC

Roger wrote:

>Here I think we may have to argue. If this ship is fighting the
Kra'Vak,
>the screen generators are dead weight; you'd be a lot better off with
27
>more hull boxes or some more weapons. OTOH, you may be intending this
as
>a pre- or post-XW1 design, in which case fair enough...

Yep, it's intended as a pre-XW1 design, designed to go up against human
vessels only.

>What's "extended range" about this design? (Not crucial, but it would
be
>nice to have a spot of cargo space.)

Good point. In that case I could convert 27 dps into cargo space.

>Again, K'V: with thrust 2, how often do you expect to get a single-arc
>weapon into range?

Hopefully only once ;-)...I figure that's more of a problem with
cinematic
than vector movement...mmmm could steal a couple of points of mass from
hull
integrity/cargo mass and convert four single arc torps into 3 triple arc
torps...

Fortunately (for its own crew) I doubt this design will tread vacum.

Thanks for the comments Roger, good points well made :-)

Regards,

Matt Tope

PS: I have not a clue about the :-) symbol business so hope I am using
them
correctly!

Prev: Re: UNSC Next: Re: OT Chupacabra!