Prev: Re: UNSC Next: Re: UNSC

Re: UNSC

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:24:28 +0100
Subject: Re: UNSC

Glenn wrote:

>"Evil Universal Empire" ship!	I'd want to see the SSD just as an
example
>of the third sigma level of ship design!

>Although the rush from making that Sol class ship go "nova" would be 10
>in the gaming index!

Dear Lord, please forgive me for what I am about to do...

A "possible/implausible" design for the UNSC Sol Class Extended Range
Dreadnought

Mass 272
Thrust 2s (27mass)
FTL (27 mass)
Hull Integrity: 108
2 screen generators (27mass)
2 Fighter Bays (18 mass)
5 FC (5mass)
2xC4 in 3arcs (both FP/F/FS) (24mass)
4xPusle torp (Fore arc) (16 mass)
4xC2 in 6 arcs (12mass)
2xC1 (2 mass)
6 PDS (6 mass)

NPV: 931 (if I got the price of the fighter bays right...)

To offer some kind of defence, I was thinking class 4's in order to put
down
some long range fire in the hope (human) opposition will get the hint
and
back down with a minimum of bloodshed (this is the UN after all). The 4
pulse torps are mounted in case the opposition don't take the hint.
Unfortunately one thing led to another and I ended up producing the
above
behemoth. Sorry. I have a feeling that I will be called before the UNSC
war
crimes tribunal as a preemptive measure...

Regards,

Matt Tope.

Prev: Re: UNSC Next: Re: UNSC