Prev: Re: (FT,SG) News Break Next: Re: (FT,SG) News Break

Re: (FT,SG) News Break

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:55:00 -0500
Subject: Re: (FT,SG) News Break

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:22:19 -0500 Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>
writes:

>***
>There aren't a lot of traditionally "sci-fi" things
>in SG2 (no combat drugs, no chameleon cammo, no power shields, etc.)
>***
>
>*VACC-HEAD ALERT!*
>
>Not sure about the other two, but isn't combat drugs more an issue
>appropriate to FMAS?

**** Tread head alert ****

Couldn't resist...

Yes on the first point IMO.

The others seem a little iffy; easy to argue both
>sides, though cham-cammo would be something I'd only expect to be that
>effective against lower tech, otherwise something both have, and
>likely
>could be considered factored in.

Depends on the setting (everyone, most, some, rare) frequency (FGU Space
Marines had it for many but not all)  and detail (Again there were Class
"A", "B" and "C" for almost everything...

Power shields have almost as often
>been
>something ineffective on planet, whether negated by atmo, grav, or
>whathaveyou.

Starguard required PA (Well ITM had "heavy armor" that seemed to work)
to be shielded from nasty side effects IIRC.

>However, for completeness, you're probably correct.
>
>The_Beast

Depends on the amount of detail/adds-minuses/dice changes you want in
the
game.

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: (FT,SG) News Break Next: Re: (FT,SG) News Break