Prev: Wargames Stores Next: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?

Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 04:16:40 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?

I have had a similar experience with my own favorite local hobby store.
He can't order anything from GZG (its not him, its his distributor.. :(
..).
He told me to order GZG stuff direct...
Jon T. ... Why can't he order from you direct? (ie: a small shipment now
and then)
How would his distributor know?  Do they have spys everywhere?
He made it sound like his distributor would have a fit and drop him...

Donald Hosford

I have also had the same experience.  In fact I have had store owners
tell
me that I should buy games that they can get instead.  The problem is
that I
just found out about Full Thrust a few months ago (yes I have been
living
under a gaming rock for the last several years) and was disappointed
that
the only way I could get any of the related products was by mail order
from
overseas.  I am playing the game, and introducing it to others as well,
but
I am sure that I would have a much easier time of doing so if the game
and
it's related products were available in local stores.

It's a shame, therefore, that the games are losing exposure in North
America
due to GZG going mail order only. I talked to a local store about
running
some
FT demo games. He was all for it until he found out he couldn't get the
figures through a distributor. I've heard from other list members who
have
mentioned GZG products disappearing from North American stores...

http://www.hyperbear.com

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know
well!" - Joe Ancis

Prev: Wargames Stores Next: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?