Prev: replacing the eagle prow Next: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?

Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 08:25:03 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 05:59:35 PDT, Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@juno.com>
wrote:

>I assume you mean lack of competition as in lack of 'effective'
>competition - there is lots of competition in	SF games out there,
>especially in 'Space ship' games.

As I mentioned in a previous post, it is lack of competition that does
what FT
does: a generic game with simple mechanics that attempt to mimic
Newtonian
physics (even if it doesn't do it altogether too accurately, and only in
2D),
and an easy to use design system. Most games are either a) not generic,
b) do
not have simple mechanics, c) do not have a design system, or d) some
combination of the first three.

As for "effective competition", it wouldn't surprise me if Battle Fleet
Gothic, or even Starfleet Battles has outsold FT.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know
well!" - Joe Ancis

Prev: replacing the eagle prow Next: Re: [FT] Exactly how popular is Full Thrust?