Prev: Re: Star Cruiser 2300? Next: More IC questions

IC TO&E ideas

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:27:48 PDT
Subject: IC TO&E ideas

Playing with the GZG down loaded catalog I had several questions come to
mind:

in 25 mm I see	4 unique rifleman figures, 1 SAW figure, 1 ML figure, 2
SL/NCO figures and an Indonesian NCO figure.  Still a small range but if
you don't mind as few duplicate figures per squad this would do...

Anybody want to point me towards open source data on the Indonesian,
Malaysian, Singaporean, Thai and Philippino, maybe Vietnam,  TO&Es (not
Burma, Laos, Cambodia) - I think these would supply the main inputs into
the IC. According to the timeline in FT (deals with early earth better
then the SG 2 mini-version IMO) - 2039, 2043, 2050, 2053, 2054, 2110,
2128 (which is the last IC mention I see...)

Any ideas on what the final organization of the IC might be for SG 2?
DS
2?

I am thinking 8 man squads, armor Partial Light armor or basic
Battledress for some lower priority units,  I suspect no PA, Infantry
Systems and most mech systems are Basic with some elite units running
enhanced, Vehicles using RFAC and HVC except for some DFFG (maybe HKP
for
'Guard'?) in heavy armor units, small arms being the LTAR supported by
conventional SAW at squad/platoon level with GMS/P attached from company
resources.  IAVRs issued when armor attacks expected.  The timeline
proposes GRAV vehicles so I will go with them present but "non-marine"
units more prone to Tracked or possibly some Hover, urban units maybe
Wheeled.  Walkers seem unlikely.  "Heavy weapons" might include more
powerful version of infantry support weapons such as AGL's (?) and
Rotary
SAWs with the occasional Infantry Plasma Gun.  Battalion and higher
resources might include vehicle carried (as opposed to mounted) Gauss
Autocannons or DFFG's.	GMS/L and GMS/H might be basic or even enhanced
when they are fielded.	Snipers would be rare (Above Battalion assets.
Medical units above Company and attached.  VTOL rare, Aero uncommon.

Comments?

Gracias,
Glenn - warbeads@juno.com
.
6 mm miniatures rule!  Well, anyway in my mind they do!
.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: Star Cruiser 2300? Next: More IC questions