Prev: Collectable card format Ship Control Sheets Next: IC TO&E ideas

Re: Star Cruiser 2300?

From: Dominic Mooney <dom@c...>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:38:05 +0100
Subject: Re: Star Cruiser 2300?

Hi all,

On Sunday, Jun 29, 2003, at 03:09 Europe/London, Karl A. Bergman wrote:

>	I have not seen any yet, and am not very surprised.  I was a
very
> avid 2300
> AD/Star Cruiser player, and the differences between the two systems
are
> vast. Two that spring immediately to mind being that the maneuver
> drive used
> in 2300 is the FTL drive, who's speed and performance is affected (in
> a STL
> vs. FTL manner) by it's proximity to a gravity field.  Second would be

> that
> the primary weapon systems for 2300 were long range detonation
> missiles,
> with beam weapons assigned a short-ranged secondary mission, which
> seems
> about the exact opposite of FT.
>
>	I do enjoy the 2300 game system, and do hope that the D20
conversion
> will
> keep a lot of the flavor of the original.  I also would be interested
> in
> seeing any FT conversions that might exist, to see how these
> differences,
> which gives 2300 it's unique flavor, would be handled.

Power Projection has bomb pumped detonation laser missiles in, albeit
in a Traveller sense. You could use the system as is and just rake back
the ranges in line with SC. ISTR that the max range was 1 hex for
lasers.

As to movement, it'd need a good look at.

There again, the existing SC rule could probably be ported wholesale to
FT. Hmm. Where did I put my copy?

Cheers,

Dom

---------dom@cybergoths.u-net.com----------
  "Reality, is something that you rise above..
We don't see things as they are,  we see them
as we are."    Rich - Marillion - .com

Prev: Collectable card format Ship Control Sheets Next: IC TO&E ideas