Prev: Re: [FT] Worst Gaffe Next: Re: [FT] Worst Gaffe

Re: [OT] e-mail virus list related

From: "Germ" <germ@g...>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 11:44:27 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] e-mail virus list related

> > I just received a virus laden e-mail from webmaster@stargrunt.ca
> > The file it didn't like was 'reccee38t' 53k in size.
>
> More information please, Jeremey. If you have any sort of anti-
> virus software there, did it say what the bug was? I've put that
> file name to two AV vendors and one search engine and come up with
> nothing. Are you sure of the spelling?
> Nathan "Bugs, bugs, bugs, Mr Rico!" Girdler

I have no more info to give Nathan.
The fact that it came through my work e-mail meant that it got zapped
long
before it reached me. So I don't know which virus it was. I know work
didn't
kill
it just because of content, it might have deleted a genuine file but if
Adrian didn't send
me anything and with TomB out of the country. I can only assume it
wasn't a
genuine
attempt to send me a file.

Jeremey
germ@germy.co.uk
www.germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: [FT] Worst Gaffe Next: Re: [FT] Worst Gaffe