Prev: Re: [FT] Worst Gaffe Next: Re: [OT] e-mail virus list related

Re: [FT] Worst Gaffe

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 03:36:27 PDT
Subject: Re: [FT] Worst Gaffe

On Fri, 2 May 2003 10:22:39 +0100 (BST) Phillip Atcliffe
<Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk> writes:
<snip>
>I'm playing NAC, my son is ESU with a useful little squadron of
>cruisers and his favourite Warsaws (not, for once, acting as his usual
>
>Torpedo DD swarm <g>) and he arranges (before the game starts) to FTL
>in away from the visible melee areas -- great, except one Phalon
>squadron picked the same area to arrive the turn before and he ends up
>
>right in front of them! One PB salvo took out his entire squadron...
>
>What do you say to a 12-year-old who's been looking forward to this
>game for weeks when his fleet is blown out of the sky on its first
>turn? B-(
>
>Phil
>----

Utter and complete bummer.

Maybe (with a gulp,) "Here, son, play my fleet."???

I know, 20/20 hindsight is always too late to be of use.

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: [FT] Worst Gaffe Next: Re: [OT] e-mail virus list related